Wednesday 2 December 2009

1ª Edición Maratón Vertical/Mtb/Carrera


I have just entered the 1st Marathon Vertical/ Mtb/ Run, which is a 3 stage race.

The first stage involves running up a very steep hill from sea level to 1000m above sea-level in the space of 4km.

The second stage is a 34km Mountain Bike race (my first ever).

And the final stage the next day is a 18km mountain (run) race!

I am looking forward to the two running stages, and I was looking forward to the mountain bike stage! Until I heard that the organisers are paying for ARNAU JULIÁ from the Buff Thermacool Team to come to the race. He is one of the best adventure racers in the world and he came 2nd last year in the 123km Trans Gran Canaria. It will be good to have some competition in the running stages...just hope I don't make a fool of myself on the mountain bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment