Sunday 14 March 2010

K42 training

Today was my last 'long' training before next month's K42. Last year I won the K42 on my first attempt at a marathon, and my prize was a trip to Argentina to compete in the K42 final.


Today I ran for 4hr45 mins (my longest ever training run). I ran the last section of the Gran Canaria Chellenger route along the barranco to Santa Brigida. I chose this route because it follows a dry river bed for most of the way, which is very similar the final 15km of the K42 route, and it was this section that I suffered the most last year.



I felt good for most of the run, until the final 30mins. However I had my girlfriend Alison to keep my company during this section. She is training for a 5km Race for Life this summer and ran to meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment