Thursday 6 May 2010

1st Maraton del Norte (Gran Canaria)

I have decided (rather last minute) to run the Marathon del Norte on Saturday.


This is a new race for Gran Canaria were competitors have the option of either cycling or running. The route follows a 60km 'figure of 8' starting and finishing in Arucas.

There are a few reasons behind my decision to run this race:

1. I would like to run Trans Gran Canaria next year, and to be allowed to enter you have to have run a race of 50km or more during the preceding 18 months.

2. I want to test myself to see if I can run this distance, I am sure physically I am capable, however it will be the mental challenge that with be toughest.

3. This year I turn 30 :( and I have for a long time I have wanted to run an Ultra Marathon before I turn 30.
This seems like the ideal Ultra Marathon to choose to be my first, as it is relatively 'low profile' so I will have no pressure on me, it is pretty short (for an Ultra) and the course is not 'too' demanding physically.

It is also a long time before any target races I have coming up.

OK..time to CARBO-LOAD


No comments:

Post a Comment