Wednesday 28 October 2009

Half Term



This is the las day of my half term holiday. I have used my time off to do lots of hard training. I have started to cut back on quantity now and beginning to focus on quality.
The week started off well with a good track session (20x400m), and hill reps in Bandama (the largest volcano crater on the island), however by Friday I started to feel a bit ill. I had a cough and felt sore all over. Since arriving in the Canary Islands I have breathing problems on and off linked to dust storms that blow in from Africa. After taking Friday and Saturday off I was able to run my planned tempo run on Sunday, I didn't feel great at the start of the run but by half way I started to feel better and managed to run 1hr17 for 20km on the trails of La Isleta.
To 'help' me feel better and to try to prevent myself from catching the flu which is going around I have been forcing myself to drink disgusting smoothies of spinach, ginger and garlic. I am going to have a few easy days and hopefully attempt another 20km tempo run on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment