Sunday 21 February 2010

Müller and Leonhardt win in Tamadaba

Swiss orienteering star Matthias Müller and Austrian orienteer Karin Leonhardt both came out on top in Tamadaba today. Matthias won the 7km H21course in a very impressive time of 38 mintues beating me by over 2 minutes. Karin's win was equally as impressive winning D21 on the same course as the H21 in just under 60 minutes, beating most of the men.


I was quite please with my run today, as I have had quite a tough week's training. I was pretty clean until the 9th control when I lost my line through some green. Matthias caught me and we ran the rest of the course together. I felt good to be running with someone like Matthias after such a long break from top level orienteering, and it made me really want to try to get to some race in main land Spain and the UK.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Allan,
    Next week (March 8) I'll come to Gran Canaria (Playa del Ingleses) to run for 12 days since I'm in traing for the London marathon (goal is 2:24). Probably you can answer ny question: Is it possible to do some speed-trainings in the athletics 'stadium' (polideportivo municipal de san fernando). I mean, is it daily accesible etc, do I have to report first etc, etc.

    Thanking you in advancefor your response,
    Harm Sengers, the Netherlands
    www.hamsengers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harm,
    Thanks for contacting me...
    Send me an email on allan@activecanaria.com

    ReplyDelete