Sunday 14 February 2010

VIII Media Maratón Campo a Través Ciudad de Arucas (half marathon Arucas)


Today was Carucat's 8th annual mountain half marathon in Arucas. I had planned this to be my last race before K42 Gran Canaria (6th April), however things didn't quite go to plan. After spending a little longer than planned at carnaval (dressed as The Tin Man), I forgot to set alarm clock to off on Sundays. I woke up at 09.10 ate a bannana then started to look for the car keys, to cut a long story short I eventually found the keys at 09.45, and started to attempt to get Arucas for a 10.00 start. As I arrived in the car park I heard the starter gun go while I was frantically looking for a car parking space, I quickly changed my shoes and ran to the start to pick up my number and timing chip. I started 8mins behind the other competitors. It wasn't long before I start to pick off some of the slower runners, passing runners soon became very difficult on the narrow paths. I never quite caught up with the leaders but I managed to finish in 8th position in a time of roughly 1hr27 (I forgot my watch too).
The race was won by host club's Yeray Santana in the very quick time of 1hr24.

What have I learnt today? Carnaval and racing do not mix well!

Results available here. Or on Top Time's webpage.

2 comments:

  1. That was a crazy story, sorry, but quite funny. But you did really good at the end, congratulations and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristo, I feel so tired now! how are you?

    ReplyDelete