Wednesday 11 November 2009

Argentina (at last)

I have eventually managed to get online for the first time since arriving in Argentina on Monday! Firstly I would like to thank my girlfriend Alison for updatting this for me...I even like the pink writing!
After my epic journey for Las Palmas to Madrid to Sao Paulo to Buenas Aires to Bariloche I eventually arrived in my log cabin in Villa la Angostura late on Monday night. Going to sleep that night I did not know what to expect out of my window the next morning! When I woke and drew the curtains I was confronted with snow capped mountains on all sides and bright blue skies! it was literally breathe taking! After breakfast Fernado, Estrella (the winners of K42 Sahara) and I went for a jog to get our bearing...it was one of those runs that I love...we should have probably covered the distance in about 30mins but by the time we stopped to watch eagles flying over head and to take photos of lakes filled with turquoise blue glacier water we had spent over an hour running.
Today we rented a car and have driven through the Andes to a town called San Martin de los Andes which could easily be the front of any christmas card! We are going to spend the night here before returing to Villa la Angostura tomorrow to complete our race registeration and to continue with our carbo loading.

1 comment: