Friday 13 November 2009

One day to go...


Between training, carbo-loading and TV interviews I have had very little time to up-date my blog over the last couple of days. This morning marked the"24hours to go" mark! My days here have been following the same pattern, I get up at 7am and have my Quaker Oats with dry apricotes while reading my book (Born to Run), at 8 I put on my running gear and go for a short jog which is closely followed by more porridge. I try to relax as much as possible during the day, but this hass proved to be hard when surrounded by just beautiful scenery. I the evening I go for another short jog before consuming ridiculous amounts of pasta and then trying to get an early night.
Yesterday we picked up our race numbers and t-shirts before being whisked off to a beautiful lake to be interviewed by ESPN. Today we have been to check out part of the race course which seem to be a lot more pleasant than the qualification race in Gran Canaria. Tonight we have a race meeting to find out all the logistics of the race and we will hit the PASTA PARTY (not quite as exciting as WOMAD I know..but a little healthier!!) Tomrrow will be an early start as we have to have get on the bus to the start area at 7.45am... and the then at 10am (13.00 GMT (UK & GC)) we start running!!


You can follow all the action at http://www.k42trailrun.com/

1 comment:

  1. Posing going well there! Do you have a link to the TV interview on you tube maybe?

    ReplyDelete