Sunday 22 November 2009

Orienteering in Maspalomas

Today was the final race in the Gran Canaria Orienteering Series. The race was held on an open area north of Maspalomas and was a very enjoyable format. It was a mass start with a 'score' of 10 controls followed by a 4km loop with 7 more controls.
I got of to a shaky start, finding it difficult to get into the map. After taking a stupid route choice to my first control on the score I soon started concentrating and running better. By the end of the score I had built up a lead of about 3minutes, but was soon to losing it again after spending too long running up and down a reenterant full of cacti looking for number 10. I was caught by Fran Hernández who had a very good race. Fran and I battled right the way to the end however I came out dominant, making it 3 wins out of 3 for this year's orienteering!

No comments:

Post a Comment